Castor Oil Organic, 118 ml by Aura Cacia
2 in stock
Castor (Ricinus communis) is a strong cleansing oil that’s especially effective in targeted skincare, hair care, and scalp care applications. It is known for preserving moisture while its fatty acids leave the skin feeling nourished. It’s not surprising that this oil has found recent popularity in oil cleansing methods for skincare. Castor oil does well when paired with less viscous oils as it can feel heavy to many skin types. If used as a daily moisturizer, blending with other oils is recommended.
. Aura Cacia Canada offers organic castor oil that comes from India which has been the largest producer of castor oil for many years. The oil is cold-pressed from the seeds of the tropical castor plant. Often called beans, the seeds are harvested annually, heated, then pressed to produce the oil.
Castor Oil - What is it?
Castor bean is poisonous, oil is not because of the protein structure
- Unique Structure (Ricinoleic Acid) which allows the oil to penetrate barriers such as the skin, providing increased nutrients to that local area
- High in Unsaturated Fatty Acid (your good fats)
- Hydroxyl on the 12th carbon (Fatty Hydroxy acid)1
Structure similar to Prostaglandin E3 (anti-inflammatory and immune messenger)1. Castor oil has strong laxative and purgative properties and should be avoided orally.
- Product Features
- Aura Cacia castor oil has a pale yellow appearance and no distinguishing aroma, making it great for blending with other oils.
- The oil has a low molecular weight and is easily absorbed into the skin.
- Origin: India
Directions: There are so many ways to use skin care oils. The above-suggested uses are just an introduction to a wide variety of quick tips and recipes available on auracacia.com.
2 in stock