MOM and BABY – Specialized EFA formula for pregnancy and breastfeeding, 114 ml by Nutripur
Unique prenatal and postnatal formula for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Beneficial for the developing child and newborn, as well as for the mother. Provides essential nutrients for the development of the brain, nervous system and eyes of the baby during pregnancy and of the newborn during breastfeeding. Will prevent pregnancy induced depletion of DHA stored in the mother which is associated with postnatal depression. Highly concentrated in Omega-3 DHA, EPA, AA & GLA… Highly concentrated, great tasting with fast acting visible results.
Pharmaceutical grade quality.
Does not contain artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives. 100% natural.
Natural Product Number (NPN): 80001376
CERTIFIED IFOS / 5 STAR RATING: IFOS sets the world’s highest standards for fish oil safety, purity, quality, potency and freshness.
Benefits: For the developing child and a healthy mother.
- Fights post partum depression in mothers.
- For the developing child and newborn via delivery through breast milk.
- For the brain and nervous system of the developing baby.
- Aids in the development of the nervous system.
INDICATIONS: Essential during pregnancy and breastfeeding for a healthy child and mother
- Helps prevent and fight post partum depression
- Aids in the development of the brain and nervous system in the child via the breast milk
RECOMMENDED DOSE: Pregnant and breastfeeding women: Take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon daily. (Refrigerate after opening)
Medicinal ingredients: 1 teaspoon contains:
- Wild Tuna oil (Thunnus Alalunga) 2000 mg
- Wild Fish oil (mackerel,anchovy, sardine) 2000 mg
- Borage oil (Borago officinalis) 300 mg
- Organic Flax seed oil, cold press (Linum usitatissimum L.) 640 mg
- Soy Lecithin (Glycine max, bean) 30 mg Providing: Phosphatidyl choline 9 mg
- Vitamin E (d-alpha- tocopherol) 27 iu / 18.18 mg
Each teaspoon provides:
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 730 mg
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 450 mg
- Alpha-Linolenic acid (ALA) 320 mg
- Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) 60 mg
- Linoleic Acid (LA) 180 mg
- Arachidonic acid (AA) 30 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: Natural orange flavour, rosemary extract, antioxidant blend (mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate,citric acid).
Properties of the ingredients
Wild tuna fish oil: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): an omega-3 fatty acid, is mainly concentrated in the brain and retina cells. It has been recognized as essential for infant brain development and retinal function. Studies of preterm infants have shown the importance of dietary DHA in learning. DHA has further been shown to play an important role in treating ADD/ADHD.
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA): also belongs to the omega-3 family and is essential for the production of anti-inflammatory compounds. DHA and EPA are found primarily in cold water fish such as mackerel, sardines, anchovies and tuna.
Wild fish oil blend: mackerel, anchovy and sardine.
Borage oil: Omega-6 fatty acids, particularly dihomo-gamma linolenic acid (DGLA) and gamma linolenic acid (GLA), the precursor to DGLA, also play an important role in healthy brain function. Researches have shown a DGLA deficiency in children with hyperactivity. Valuable quantities of GLA are found in borage and evening primrose oil, with borage being the richest source, containing 20% GLA.
Certified Organic Flax seed oil: Another omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), is found in high quantities in flaxseed and flaxseed oil. ALA is the parent omega-3 and precursor to EPA and DHA. Experimental studies have shown that ALA supports learning and memory. ALA is metabolized into DHA, providing additional benefits to the brain.
Soy lecithin: Rich in Phosphatidyl choline (PC) which can be found in soy lecithin, is a component of all cells in the body. It also acts as a source of choline which is the starting material for the synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in learning and memory. Studies have shown that supplementation with PC helps in learning and memory.
Vitamin E: a valuable additive to any EFA oil, as it helps prevent oxidation of the oil.
2 in stock